Every respectable motorbike rider needs to have a project bike. A bit of an old banger to tinker with. Mine is a Kawasaki ZXR400 that I plan to do up and use to promote my web design business - webmoto.co.uk... eventually! You can follow my progress, on this blog, as I wield my spanners in an ungainly fashion in the direction of the little kawasaki.

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Bike

1989 Kawasaki ZXR400H1 - Black with gold trimmings
nice.
For a bike built in the late 80's the ZXR400 is a fabulous bike. The styling is sporty and purposeful and has aged incredibly well. It may not be all sleek and pointy like the sports bike we see these days, but it hasn't that acquired that teapotishness that some old sports bikes do. And it is not just the looks, which keep this bike up to date. The ZXR features a list of goodies, some of which modern 600's are only just catching up with such as upside down forks and remotely adjustable rear shocks. OK so the hoover tubes look a bit dodgy, but nobody is perfect...

It is quite a small bike (which is just as well as otherwise a tall friend of mine would have purchased it by now) and it fits me like a glove. If I were but an inch or two taller, even I might find it a tight squeeze. The diminutive dimensions are no doubt down to the fact that it is designed for a Japanese market, in fact the H1 model that I have is a Japanese import (clocks read in kph and the lights probably point the wrong way). Anyway, when I sit astride the bike, my body fits into all the mouldings and I feel as if I am on a racing machine, it feels so light and compact and I can imagine the rev counter flying up to the late teens and I can hardly wait... but I have to as it is a long way from rideable at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home