Every respectable motorbike rider needs to have a project bike. A bit of an old banger to tinker with. Mine is a Kawasaki ZXR400 that I plan to do up and use to promote my web design business - webmoto.co.uk... eventually! You can follow my progress, on this blog, as I wield my spanners in an ungainly fashion in the direction of the little kawasaki.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Exhausted

Last weekend I had another go at warming the zxr up (still unsilenced) but no luck. Admittedly I didn't try for very long due to the noise. My wife came out and said "Can't you get an exhaust pipe for that, first?" I took that as permission to splash on one and yesterday I found a standard ZXR400 end can in good condition for £80. which should arrive tomorrow. I bought a road legal one as at some point it has to pass an MOT and the engine should be set up to run on it.

So what is next? Well, I will fit the silencer and hopefully get the bike running on tick over, then I need to sort out the tyres (note, need to find out which tyres are a good option). However before ride it, I need to sort out the pitted forks which would rip the seals to shreds as they are now. The way I see it I have two options, either buy some good condition second hand ones or get the ones I have rechromed (or nitride coated?). It all depends on cost and hassle.

Anyway, once I have the engine sorted (hopefully no further problems there) and the tyres and suspension done I can take her out for a test ride - must remember to put some brake fluid in first though! After that I can start making her nice, still got a long way to go though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home